- Click for the Tutorial on everything you need to know to serve MERS®!
- Special Discounted Rates for foreclosure service on Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS®) in Reston, VA (formerly in Vienna, VA) & CitiBank, N.A. in Reston, VA 20190!
How to Serve Process to Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. (MERS®)
Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., also referred to as MERS®, provides services to mortgage lenders. Typically, MERS® needs to be served with any foreclosure documents for proceedings involving any of their members. Service of process can be directed to their Corporate Headquarters located at 1818 Library Street, Suite 300, Reston, VA 20190
Some important information to consider when serving MERS®:
- Service is accepted at MERS® between the hours of 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- The Reston office of MERS® can only accept service for entities listed as follows:
- Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc.
- Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., a Delaware Corporation
- Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., as Nominee for …
- They will not accept service directed to the acronym, MERS®. Their full corporate name must be written out, i.e., Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc.
- They will not accept service for any other entity falsely using the MERS® name such as the suspended California Corp.
- MERS® has designated people in their legal department to accept service on behalf of Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., and MERSCORP, Inc. including:
- Richard Anderson; Joseph Patry; Brandie Peeples; Alexandra Stefanovic; John Murphy; and Camelia Martin Authorization Letter
- Click to see the written authorization letter
Our Discounted service to MERS® includes:
- Next Day service of all documents received
- We accept documents via email
- Printing of the first 50 pages at no additional cost
- After 50 pages our low rate is only $0.15 per page
- A Notarized Affidavit of Service is promptly returned to your office usually with in two days after service is completed
- We can generate our own Affidavit or we can use a form that you provide
- We will email or fax a copy of the Affidavit of Service if requested
- All MERS services receive the same diligent effort and personal attention given to our regular services but at a discounted rate!
Serve MERS® right the first time! Contact us today to make service arrangements.